Antagonism of Bacillus subtilis strain AG1 against vine wood fungal pathogens
- Autori: Alfonzo, A.; Conigliaro, G.; Torta, L.; Burruano, S.; Moschetti, G.
- Anno di pubblicazione: 2009
- Tipologia: Articolo in rivista (Articolo in rivista)
- Parole Chiave: grapevine, tracheomycosis, biological control, antibiosis.
- OA Link: http://hdl.handle.net/10447/36840
Summary. Antagonistic substances produced by a Bacillus subtilis strain (AG1), which were previously found to slow down the growth of esca fungi in vitro, were produced in an artifi cial medium, isolated from the cell-free medium by precipitation and acidifi cation (to less than pH 2.5) and extracted from the precipitate with 96% ethanol. The crude extract employed in antibiotic assays confi rmed, in vitro, the antagonism of B. subtilis against Phaeoacremonium aleophilum and Phaeomoniella chlamydospora, and also showed antifungal activity toward Verticillium dahliae and Botryosphaeria rhodina.